Treasury Tip:

Here's a tip: Fill up all 18 Treasury tags. That makes it easier for Etsy admin to find and feature your Treasury! Don't forget to read all Merchandising Themes; they can give you Treasury making inspiration.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Team Interview: fionadesigns

A selection of cards and notes from fionadesigns on Etsy

Welcome to our newest team interview feature, starring Fiona, of fionadesigns. Enjoy!

Name: Fiona
Location: Connecticut
Website: www.fionadesigns.com/
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/fionadesigns
Blog: www.fionadesigns.blogspot.com/
Twitter: twitter.com/fionasdesign
Facebook: www.facebook.com/FionaDesigns

Fiona, wearing a scarf she knitted - she's multi-talented!

Rachelle: Tell me a little about yourself:
Fiona: I currently reside in Connecticut, with my husband and two dogs. I have always enjoyed art and have worked in the corporate and non for profit settings as a Graphic Designer and Art Director. I love designing and that is what led me to design greeting cards and most recently personalized stationery. I also love photography, knitting and am a huge dog lover!

Rachelle: How would you describe your work/shop? Who should definitely stop by?

Fiona: Truth be told it's not as neat and organized as I would like it to be. I would love to have Martha Stewart stop by because it would be great to have her help create a more organized space!

Rachelle: What keeps you motivated? How do you choose what to make, especially on your personalized notes?
Fiona: I created my first dog silhouettes shortly after the adoption of our second dog. I thought it would be fun to have them on personalized stationery and thought others would like to have their dogs on stationery too! I enjoyed creating the silhouettes so much that I started thinking of what else I could illustrate in a similar fashion. I seem to get motivation and inspiration for my stationery from everywhere!

Rachelle: Do you have any advice for those who are new to treasury making?
Fiona: Enjoy the process and the experience of finding new delightful items on Etsy! Most importantly have fun with it!

Rachelle: What inspires your treasuries?
Fiona: Sometimes I have an idea in advance of creating a treasury, but more often than not I am inspired by a particular item in my favorites and build a collection around it.

Rachelle: What are your three favorite Etsy shops?
Fiona: It is just too hard to pick three favorites as there are so many stores on Etsy that I love!

Rachelle: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Fiona: That's always a tough question but I definitely hope to still be designing!

1 comment: