Treasury Tip:

Here's a tip: Fill up all 18 Treasury tags. That makes it easier for Etsy admin to find and feature your Treasury! Don't forget to read all Merchandising Themes; they can give you Treasury making inspiration.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Team Interview: mktengineer

Megan Hall - mktengineer on Etsy


Name: Megan Hall
Location:
Springfield, Ohio
Shop:
www.mktengineer.etsy.com
Twitter:
twitter.com/enginette
Facebook:
www.facebook.com/pages/mktengineer/117530461658606


Rachelle: Tell me a little about yourself.
Megan: I currently live in southwestern Ohio with my husband, Jake. We have a bouncy boxer named Brady, and my rescued baby cat is Dixie Cup. By day I am a mechanical engineer in the aviation industry, working mostly in jet engine support. At night, I put down the calculator and pick up a pair of pliers and attempt to make jewelry. When I am not working or jewelry making, I try to spend as much time as I can with family. I love vintage clothing, shoes, literature, anything Disney, golf, cereal, documentaries, steampunk, pin up, physics, and napping

Rachelle: How would you describe your work/shop? Who should definitely stop by?
Megan: I wear a lot of black, so I have always been drawn to bold, colorful jewelry. I especially like textures that allow for color contrast. So, anyone looking to add some colorful texture to their style should stop by and hopefully find the perfect finishing touch.


Some of my favorites from mktengineer on Etsy

Rachelle: What keeps you motivated?
Megan: I am a perfectionist. I hate to settle if I know I am capable of much more. The desire to succeed has always kept me moving.

Rachelle: Do you have any advice for those who are new to treasury making?
Megan: Don’t publish something you are not in love with. I think it is so easy to forget that treasuries represent both you and your shop. Showing uniqueness and creativity in a collection really reflects the work of the curator.

Rachelle: What inspires your treasuries?
Megan: Most of my treasuries are based on random things I read or see during the day. Example: I recently read a piece about trending outerwear for the winter and I fell in love with a featured houndstooth pea coat. So, I based an entire collection on that very textile.

Megan's favorite from mktengineer on Etsy


Rachelle: What are your three favorite Etsy shops?

1. Herblueyestudio : must stick with family
2. Sea Marie Creations : I am in love with her white tea and ginger goats milk soap!
3. Helenabiancastudios : awesome handmade body jewelry

Rachelle: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Megan: A lot of my plans for the future have changed so much with the drastic changes in the economy. It doesn’t matter where I end up ten years from now, as long as I can say I am happy. Mostly, I really hope my husband and I are able to start a family before then.

Megan's jewelry studio - "Gotta' love apartment living!"

2 comments:

  1. Love Megan although a bit biased (lol) so proud of her and all that she has accomplished! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan is awesome! Good luck with all you do, Meg - it was nice getting to know you more!

    ReplyDelete